Boat Bike Tours goes green. Read more here about how we’re doing this.
From 2021 onwards, Boat Bike Tours will be carbon neutral
Our tours travel through some of Europe’s most beautiful nature. It’s our responsibility to care for this nature, and our planet, for future generations. That’s why we’re striving to make our cycling cruises as eco-friendly as possible.
With help from sustainable consultancy Sea Going Green and non-profit organization Justdiggit, we divided the entire process into three steps:
- Measure our carbon emissions and environmental impacts. Read more about measuring >>
- Reduce our emissions and impacts through our own actions. Read more about reducing >>
- Offset emissions that we can’t (yet) reduce by purchasing carbon credits. Read more about offset >>
You can help too! Sustainability tips for guests
When it comes to reducing our carbon footprint, everyone needs to get involved. This includes you – our guests!
As a guest you can make a big positive impact just by making a few simple choices. Here are the best actions you can take to travel more sustainably on our tours:
– Choose low-impact travel (such as trains) to reach your boat bike tour
– Offset your flight’s carbon emissions if you’re flying from abroad
– Take shorter showers (around 4 minutes) to reduce water use
– Eat vegetarian more often at mealtimes to reduce meat consumption
– Skip the towel change in your cabin to keep laundry to a minimum
– Use sunscreen, soap and shampoo without microplastics (check www.beatthemicrobead.org)
– Bring your own drinking bottle for cycling (Dutch tap water is top quality!)
Our sustainability journey
We’re constantly working to measure our footprint more accurately and find better ways to reduce it.
When you travel with us we hope you’ll be able to relax a little more easily knowing that your travel footprint is accounted for and that your trip is as green as possible.
Read a blog post from our Sustainability Coordinator to learn more.
Questions or suggestions are welcome! Please email them to [email protected]
Boat Bike Tours is pleased to announce to have been admitted into the EU-funded SUSTOUR project that supports over 600 small and medium-sized tour operators and travel agents from 35 European countries in improving their sustainability performance.
Sustainability is a core value of the tourism experiences that we want to provide for our customers. Therefore, we are happy to participate in this one-year support programme running from mid 2022 to mid 2023 and we commit to using this opportunity and actively improving our sustainability management and performance.